Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Finger Food


Just when things are beginning to get busier, I had to go and cut the top of my finger off. Yep, while I was in a hurry and not concentrating, I sliced off the top of my left index finger while chopping up cooked bacon. I will spare you the gruesome details, only relevant because Richard confirmed for himself that he has inexplicably developed an aversion to blood. He fainted while trying to help me bandage the thing up. I caught him just before he fell onto the floor while holding my hand up over my head – not so easy.

That was last Thursday and tomorrow is the start of our busy three or four day Memorial Weekend. My finger is getting better, but it is still wrapped to keep it clean and stop me banging it on things. Ouch!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, poor you! Poor Richard! It probably isn't really an aversion to blood in general, just the stress/anxiety/fear of Virginia bleeding. Guess from now on the guests need to wait a little longer for their bacon. They're on holiday, what's the hurry!?

    ReplyDelete